Free Hand Festival 2022
call for scores
The Malaysian Composers Collective (MCC) is proud to partner with UCSI Institute of Music for the 2nd Free Hand Contemporary Composers Piano Festival 2022, set to take place mid-year.
During the festival, two composers will be selected to receive a commission to write a new piano work which will be the set piece for Senior and Young Artist Categories for the UCSI University International Piano Festival & Competition in 2022.
This festival/competition is opened to all Malaysians both local and verseas.
1. Malaysian composers aged 18 years and above are invited to submit solo piano works.
2. Compositions should be between 4 – 6 minutes.
3. The composition can be a new work or a work written after January 1, 2016.
4. The composition is written for one pianist.
5. The composition may include electronics. The electronics must be straightforward and only involves playback.
6. Prepared piano works are possible but will be performed on a smaller grand piano.
7. Composers can only submit one work.
8. Handwritten scores are only accepted if it’s clearly written and neatly presented.
9. Previous prize-winning and commissioned works are not eligible for this festival.
10. Submit your PDF scores and mp3 recording (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
'Submission: Contemporary Piano Festival 2022’
11. Include a cover letter with your name, email address and a short biography of not more than 250 words.
All information must fit into 1- page only.
12. Proof of citizenship and age either Malaysian Passport or Malaysian Identication Card.
13. There is an entry fee of RM50. Kindly transfer your payment to:
Persatuan Komposer Kolektif - Maybank Account No. 5142-8061-6386
14.For Malaysian Composers Collective (MCC) members, the entry fee is waived.
Deadline for submission: 14 February 2022